11 April, 2012

What this blog is all about...

Ok, first of all, thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Second of all, I created this blog to share with you things that are near and dear to my heart. Since my heart and everything I read, do, and watch all revolve around romance, I thought; why not share with you every romanced filled thought of mine, starting with books I have recently read, movies I have recently watched and everything that tugs at your heartstrings. So for my first blog post I am going to share with you a book I recently read and share some of my thoughts on it! Sound good? I think so! So last week I finished this book called A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist.  *WARNING SPOILERS!* This book was published in 2009 and I consider it one of my favorite books. Deeanne Gist is excellent at writing historical romance and as a history aficionado I am a fan of every one of her stories. A Bride in the Bargain takes place in the 1860's right after the Civil War and it takes place in the Washington Territory. The main protagonist is Anna Ivey and she came to the Washington Territory in search of a new life, little did she know what she was getting into. Enter handsome lumberjack Joe Denton who hires Anna with the intention of making her his wife in order to secure his land. Please tell me what is more romantic than a handsome lumberjack in 1860's Washington! Anyways, romance ensues and it is truly toe curling romance, the kind that you just can't help but dropping everything you are doing to finish this book. The kind of romance that makes you feel all warm and cozy inside and makes you wish you could time travel and find yourself a handsome lumberjack. Needless to say, if you are truly aching for a romance that will take you away from the mundane day to day tasks, this romance will, you will wish you were there in the Washington Territory and wish you were Anna Ivey being wooed by the handsome Joe Denton.

No comments:

Post a Comment